Saturday, March 17, 2018

If My Pocket Was Full of Stones!

If my pocket was full of stones, I have no right to throw one at the greatest sinner upon earth. I have either done as bad, or worse than he or I certainly would have done so, if the Lord had left me to myself, for I am made of just the same materials. If there is any difference between myself and the greatest wretch it is wholly of sovereign grace!

[John Newton]



John 8:4-5 ...  They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.   Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?


1 Corinthians 15:10 ... But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.